Littrell Farms was established in 1950 by Harold and Laura Littrell. Laura was known for enjoying fixing a noon meal, often with garden produce she had raised and canned for everyone working on the farm and anybody else who happened to stop by that day. Along with being a great cook, Laura helped out on the family farm by driving a tractor and grain trucks, helping with the livestock, and was considered the backbone of Littrell Farms. The upkeep of the farm was eventually taken over by their sons Gary and Terry Littrell. In 2010 Terry and his nephew Eric took the steps necessary to certify the farm as organic and have worked extremely hard to create a more healthy food source for their family and community ever since.